Changes start Locally
The Board is Currently Accepting Resumes for Building Manager
We are looking for a new Board member for our Organization. If you would like to be considered please come to our Board meeting every third Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm
We are in search for a new Treasurer and a Secretary for our Organization. To become a Board Member you need to attend 3 Board Meetings (every third Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm, have finance and QuickBooks knowledge.
Moving to the Okanogan highlands over 45 years ago and raising my three children here, has been one of the greatest blessings. Having served on multiple boards including the Barter Faire, ON, OCCF, OHA, and the Natural Foods Co-op, has taught me many skills. I have a passion for community service, especially in food preparation! I enjoy sharing my talents with my community. I feel privileged to be a part of the CCC board.
I was born and raised in Tonasket and have spent the last 20 years working and living around the country! This past winter the wilds of Washington drew my family back. I have had a bustling career in a diverse spectrum of industries from food service, sales and business administration to health care. I currently hold a position as a Chief Operations Officer in an ever-changing field! Community is my heart’s work and I look forward to bringing my expertise, community connections and overall enthusiasm to this building and the community! I am honored to be in this position!
My childhood was spent in the highlands of North Okanogan County. The off the grid lifestyle gave me a strong appreciation for community. I followed my passion and attended Evergreen State College in Olympia. I returned home to the highlands to raise my daughter and find my place back among my community that I loved and cherished. I am very excited to bring my passion for community onto the Community Cultural Center board. The change that we desire is at hand and is available and attainable now!
I am originally from East Tennessee. I have lived in the Tonasket area for many years with my wife Melanie Thornton. I enjoy the mix of cultures in our area, and I am happy to live in this wonderful and fragile part of the Earth.
I enjoy skiing and hiking.
I was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1947. My family moved first to Iowa and then to Southern California. After High School I attempted College several times, finally dropping out to pursue a life filled more of physical adventures than academic discipline. While tripping around the Sierra Mountains, I met my wife Sandy.
We settled in the Okanogan County in 1973, having migrated from central California with a new born child. We were part of a sizeable population of young people who, at that time, were leaving the cities of America in search of a simpler more organic life in the rural countryside. With a second child, we lived in the back woods of Aeneas Valley for ten years, and then moved into the town of Tonasket. I went back to college to pursue a career in nursing.
A few years ago, after retiring from thirty years of nursing in Okanogan County, I was looking for something to do with my new "free" time. I was looking for some way to pay back the community that had supported me all these years and provided me with a comfortable life style. I have been to many events at the Community Center, but really didn't know anything about its origin, or how it worked. A friend suggested I volunteer and check it out. I was amazed at what this facility does, and what it provides, and what it is capable of providing for the community.
That is why I joined the Board, to contribute as best I can to the Community Cultural Center and its mission statement.
Become a Board Member
Are YOU our next Board Member?
- Do you have a desire to be a part of the community in a meaningful and impactful way?
- Are you passionate about making the Okanogan Valley the best place to live, work and play?
- Do you have great ideas that will benefit the community?
- Are you looking for a unique way to be more socially active?
- Do you work well with people and have natural leadership skills?
- Do you possess a specific knowledge or skill set that would be a great asset to the community through the CCC?
- Are you interested in having a direct voice in what goes on here at the CCC on regular basis?
If you answered yes to the any of the previous questions, we encourage you to try becoming a board member!
How to Apply
- You must attend no less than 3 consecutive Board Meetings.
- Show initiative and participation in each meeting (volunteering during this time is apreciated but NOT mandatory)
- While the process is simple, becoming a Board Member is not guaranteed.
Finalization per Vote
- If previous requirements are met, the Board will nominate said candidate and the applicant will be voted in during the annual General Membership Meeting by all the members in attendance.
For more information please contact the CCC today!
- Office Hours: Closed at this time
- Phone: (509) 486-1328
- Email the board at email@example.com